Marketing and sales go hand in hand, and this is why the more you get involved in your digital marketing strategy, the more successful your business will be. Of course, if you start from 0 it’s not necessarily easy, but with time and information resources, anyone can build a strategy that will lead to increased sales. And to help you with this, you can find below a selection of tips to keep in mind when you start thinking about your digital marketing strategy.
- Consider customer decision factors
To develop a solid strategy to help you reach potential customers, you need to find out what factors they take into account when making the decision to purchase goods or services in the category in which you operate. And to identify these factors, you can conduct qualitative research, with the aim to find out what kind of needs your potential customers have, and then communicate how your services or goods are the solution. In order to support and even develop your market position, and to stimulate growth, you need to be receptive to the current goals and needs of your customers.
- The Funnel
Consider this: you can have the best, most accessible and highest quality product or service in the world, but if no one knows about your company, you will not have customers. Therefore, creating a sales “funnel” should be a priority for you.
How it works:
- Give the customer the opportunity to take the following steps:
- Awareness of the option
- Creating interest
- Product/service evaluation
- Commitment to purchase
- The actual sale.
- Make sure that your funnel:
- Provides eye-catching content
- Allows the public to easily access the site and prices through this content
- Presents product/service information
- It is customized for your target audience
- Solves a very specific need
- Identify your company’s unique value proposition
This is essential for any successful business. Even if you offer a perfect service or product, if there are a lot of other companies that do the same thing and at the same quality, it is not so easy to increase sales. This is where this unique value proposition comes in – through it, you communicate to your customers what real and added value you can bring to their lives and thus earn their loyalty.
- Communicate on social media, especially on Instagram
Studies have shown that 80% of Instagram users follow at least one brand account. Based on this, there is an opportunity to get in touch with users and sell products or services through one of the many advertising options available on the platform. One of the most notable is Instagram Stories.
This tool gives you 2 options: paid ads or organic content. Posting about your product or service to those who are already following you is a key element in your marketing strategy – by constantly communicating on Instagram Stories, you can turn your followers into loyal customers.
However, paid ads are also a good way to get immediate sales or increase interest. Add the “Link” sticker to stories and redirect users to your site, where they can access more information or see prices.
- Increase your site traffic through SEO practices
Don’t underestimate the power of optimizing your site for search engines. Although it is probably the most difficult form of marketing, it is an investment that will help you a lot in the long run.
Există calități specifice pe care SEO le va avea întotdeauna și ar trebui să înveți să le stăpânești:
- Personalized texts and descriptions, according to the target audience, on a specific topic
- Custom images optimized for your site
- Information that attracts attention and can not be found anywhere else
- Content that encourages users to stay on the site for as long as possible
- Links to other pages on your site that may be of interest to users
- Lay the groundwork for a newsletter
Email marketing is consistently one of the most effective sales strategies. Here’s why:
- For every dollar spent on email marketing, a business earns $ 44
- 89% of marketers say that email is the main channel through which it generates leads
- Return on investment (ROI) for email marketing is 4,300%
- 20.9% of people check their email more than five times a day
So yes, you should definitely have your own contact list. An effective way to do this is to collect them from the site, either as part of the check-out process or when a user creates an account.
An effective marketing strategy means that you have to keep up with trends and constantly evolve to suit the changing needs of your audience. In addition, it is vital to use the latest tools, which will allow you to better connect with the public, to keep your customers involved, but also to keep you (and your company) in their top of mind.